What is Title I?
Title I is a program funded by the federal government to improve students' academic achievement. Title I funds are used to expand and supplement the services children already receive in the classroom. Administration, teachers and parents decide how to use these funds. The amount provided for each school depends on the number of low-income families enrolled in the school.
How can I, as a parent, help?
Parents play an important part in their child’s education. Title I has programs, activities, materials, and resources for the meaningful involvement of parents in all of its schools with Title I, Part A; Title I, Part C, Migrant; Title I, Part D, Neglected and Delinquent; ELL (English Language Learners) and Immigrant Programs. We encourage parents to be more involved as full partners, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to help in the education of their children.
Parents are encouraged to participate on our School Advisory Council (SAC). This group meets several time a year to determine how Title I funds will be used for the school year.
Other ways parents can help:
- Check your child's backpack and agenda daily.
- Read and have frequent conversations with your child.
- Help with homework.
- Make sure your child attends school on a regular basis.
- Make sure your child is well rested and is well nourished.
- Use community resources such as after-school programs, recreation centers, or libraries.
- Visit your schools Family Resource Center.
- Attend school events and parent meetings.
- Stay in touch with your child's teacher.
~just to name a few!
This school year is going to look different in more ways than one, including Parent & Family Engagement. Our school is happy to serve our parents, community, students and staff again in this capacity!
Our Student/Parent/Teacher/Administrator Compact is posted here. After reading over the compact with your child, please click on the link that takes you to the Google Form for the Compact Signature Page, and type or choose an answer to the short questions that are listed.
Again, please review compact and then click link at bottom of document to complete.